Installing a swimming pool may seem ideal, but the time and resources needed to complete this project can be overwhelming. Thankfully, an endless swimming pool offers a viable alternative to a conventional pool and will likely serve you well for a long time to come.
What Is an Endless Pool?
An endless pool is a one-of-a-kind machine that allows you to enjoy a swimming pool experience without the costs, time and other headaches associated with a traditional pool. The endless pool generates a current you can swim against for exercise and enjoyment.
An endless pool can be installed almost anywhere indoors or out and requires a minimal amount of space when compared to a traditional pool. As a result, endless pools have become exceedingly popular and people of all ages use them year-round.
Benefits of Endless Pools
You can enjoy many benefits with an endless pool, including:
- Adjustable current: An indoor endless pool leverages a high-volume propeller system to produce a current that is deeper than your stroke and wider than your body.
- Unparalleled speed: An indoor endless pool may offer current speeds up to 0:51/100 yards — a speed that is fast enough to challenge an Olympic-level swimmer.
- Compact size: An endless swimming pool offers a compact design, ensuring you won’t have to sacrifice space.
- Exceptional cleanliness: A custom endless pool requires much less chlorine than a conventional swimming pool, which means you won’t have to worry about committing substantial time and resources to keep this pool looking great.
- Simple maintenance: An endless pool is easy to install and simple to maintain.
- Multi-functional: An indoor endless pool can be used for aquatic therapy, exercise, relaxation, swimming and, of course, family fun.
- Amazing style: Many indoor endless pool designs and styles are available to complement your home’s décor.
- Environmentally friendly: An indoor endless pool requires fewer materials than a conventional pool.
- Premium customer support: An indoor endless pool is backed by premium customer support.
Increase Your Home’s Value with an Endless Pool
An endless pool ensures could prove to be an investment that delivers both immediate and long-term returns for homeowners. It may help increase a home’s value by up to seven percent, and there are many reasons why an endless pool could help your residence stand out from others, such as:
- A home with an endless pool is sure to impress in any neighborhood. You can install an indoor endless pool to differentiate your house from similar residences in your area. In addition, an endless pool may help your house generate interest from homebuyers.
- You can swim and relax when the weather is cold. For homeowners in Maryland, DC and other areas with cold climates, an indoor endless pool will enable you to swim, relax and keep warm year-round.
- You can revamp your backyard. If you have empty space in your backyard, a custom endless pool will allow you to optimize the area.
A Closer Look at Endless Pool Options
Many endless pool options are available, and some of the top choices are modular. These pools feature a compact design and include full temperature controls and multiple swim current options. Endless pools often serve as modular exercise and therapy pools.
Common Questions to Ask Your Endless Pool Installation Company
You’ll want to know exactly what to ask an endless pool installation company before you set up a consultation, and here are the questions you need to ask:
What types of endless pools do you offer?
We offer the original endless pools:
- WaterWell: The WaterWell endless pools offer leverage a combination of water, heat and motion to help rejuvenate and revitalize the body.
- FastLane: The FastLane endless pools remain a top choice for athletes because they deliver a smooth yet powerful water current.
Is an endless pool different from a lap pool?
A lap pool usually is at least one lane wide, roughly 4′ to 6′ deep and requires about 50′ to 75′ length. Comparatively, an endless pool requires less space than a lap pool. It also involves a simple installation process and frequently is easier to maintain and more cost-effective than a lap pool.
Can two people swim in an endless pool at the same time?
Endless pools are available that can accommodate two people at the same time. For example, dual propulsion endless pools include two independently controlled variable speed swim currents, ensuring two people can swim next to each other simultaneously.
What is it like swimming in an endless pool?
The endless pool swimming experience is similar to swimming against a current in a traditional pool or in the ocean, and it takes only a few seconds to learn how to swim against a current in an endless pool.
Can I get trapped in an endless pool’s current?
The endless pool current will stay in the center of the pool, and you’ll only need to take one step to the side to move out of the current and into calm water.
Can I use an endless pool as a hot tub?
An endless pool typically is designed for water exercises. However, an endless pool can be equipped with option jets to deliver a spa-like experience.
What types of activities can I perform in my indoor pool?
Regardless of the model you choose, you will be able to enjoy a vast assortment of activities in your endless pool. An indoor endless pool enables you to swim in place against a fast or slow current, perform water aerobics, relax with family members and friends and more.
Does an endless pool really work?
Absolutely! An endless pool allows you to swim or exercise in place at a current speed that works for you for as long as you’d like. It also provides all of the benefits of a full-size swimming pool at a fraction of the size and cost of a traditional pool.
How do I clean an endless pool?
An endless pool utilizes a copper or silver purifier to sanitize the pool water. The purifier adds ions to the water automatically, preventing bacteria growth and killing algae. You also will need to use a small amount of chlorine bleach to oxidize the contaminants. Usually, a cup or less of household beach like Chlorox after each swim is sufficient.
Can I use a salt system to clean an endless pool?
Unlike saltwater pools, endless pools feature the Nature2 mineral sanitizer and a UV water purifier to reduce the need for chlorine. Therefore, a salt system is unnecessary with an endless pool and may actually cause pool equipment to corrode and increase the costs associated with maintaining a pool.
You will still need to use a small amount of chlorine regularly in an endless pool. Using a cup of household bleach will enable you to burn off contaminants and body oils.
How often will I need to change the water in an endless pool?
The water in an endless pool will need to be changed every one to two years depending on usage.
How do I fill an endless pool?
An endless pool can be filled with a garden hose.
How much does an indoor endless pool cost?
The cost of an indoor endless pool will vary based on the model you purchase. It also is important to note the cost of an indoor endless pool will extend beyond the pool itself and include necessary interior renovations.
How much does it cost to operate an endless pool?
Endless pool operating costs will vary based on usage. However, you can control these costs by utilizing the right amount of endless pool insulation based on your geographic location and keep the pool covered when it is not in use.
Is endless pool maintenance required?
An endless pool requires limited maintenance. You will need to spend a few minutes each week to test the water and add household bleach as needed. In addition, you will need to replace the endless pool cartridge filter every three to six months based on usage.
Do you offer a warranty?
Many endless pool installation companies offer warranties. However, quality has many meanings to many people, and you’ll want to review a warranty in advance.
Tabor Design Build offers a warranty that is 36 pages long and defines our level of quality. Feel free to ask us for a copy.
What is your endless pool installation experience?
An endless pool installation company should employ trained, qualified and certified employees. It also should be licensed, bonded and insured.
How long will it take to install an endless pool?
The amount of time will depend on the complexity of the installation.
What are customers saying about your company?
Ask an endless pool installation company for customer testimonials. We have a long list of references that we would be happy to share with you.
How much space will I need for an indoor endless pool?
Ensure your room is at least 2″ wider and 3″ longer than the pool itself. This will enable you to install the pool and still maintain space in the room so you can enter and exit the pool with ease.
How will humidity affect indoor endless pool installation and maintenance?
Humidity will not be problematic if you decide to install an endless pool in your home, you can control humidity with a retractable security cover.
The locking retractable security cover enables you to control 100 percent of the humidity generated by an endless pool, as well as who uses your pool.
Do you provide a “try before you buy” offer?
An endless pool installation company may offer a showroom that features endless pool models. Here, you can check out a variety of endless pools and get a better idea about how an endless pool will look in your home.
What does the indoor endless pool installation process involve?
An endless pool installation company should provide an agreement that lists every material and fixture that will be installed. The agreement should provide details about all aspects of the endless pool installation process.
When can you perform an endless pool installation?
An endless pool installation company will perform careful planning and tight scheduling to ensure your endless pool installation project runs smoothly. It should be able to schedule a date and time to complete an endless pool installation that fits your schedule.
If I move, can I take my endless pool to my new address?
An endless pool can be unbolted and relocated to a new site, but some parts and components may need to be replaced.
If a problem arises with my endless pool, how will you help me handle it?
An endless pool installation company should take full responsibility for your entire project. If a problem arises, the company should be ready to help you resolve it immediately.
How do I find a company?
Some of the factors you’ll want to consider when you choose an endless pool installation company include:
Customer Satisfaction: Will the company go above and beyond the call of duty to keep its customers happy?
- Accountability: Will the company take complete responsibility for a project?
- Planning: Will the company perform meticulous project planning and scheduling?
- Attention to Detail: Will the company provide an agreement that ensures you can control the price of your endless pool installation?
- Integrity: Does the company have the highest regard for integrity? Will the company do what it will say it will and follow through on its mission consistently?
- Staff: Does the company employ workers who are expertly trained and well-qualified and tested and certified according to national standards?
- Warranty: Does the company offer a warranty that defines its level of quality in terms that everyone can understand?
- Reputation: Is the company a recognized industry leader?
- Expertise: Has the company performed numerous endless pool installations successfully?
You’ll want to find an endless pool installation company that possesses the skills and experience needed to perform the project quickly and effortlessly. This will ensure you can benefit from an endless pool that meets your needs and will remain a staple in your home for the foreseeable future.
At Tabor Design Build, we serve as the only certified DC and Maryland endless pool installer in the area, and our team will work with you to learn about your project and ensure it is completed successfully. Request A Consultation to find out more about how we’ll take care of all of the details of your endless pool installation from start to finish.